2022 The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences Scholarship Grants: Hurray! the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)is delighted to offer all exceptional international applicants the 2022/23 academic grants in Germany.
The study grant is targeted at applicants who want to pursue studies in doctoral positions in the Research Training Group and is funded by the German Research Foundation, for the academic year 2022/2023
Table of Contents
BIGSSS study grants will focus on investigating the interactions between individuals and their social environment, providing a platform for early-career researchers from various social science disciplines to study the self in diverse social systems, ranging in complexity and dynamically changing over time.
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is a graduate school run jointly by the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen. It is funded as part of the Excellence Initiative of the federal and state governments to promote science and research. The BIGSSS works closely with numerous renowned research institutions in the regional, national and international environment and is part of a worldwide network of programs for graduate education.
- Potential candidates with a degree in related disciplines are also welcome. All accepted researchers are required to relocate to Bremen for the duration of the program.
- Applicants must demonstrate a broad thematic fit between the dissertation proposal and the outlined project lines. Up to three possibly fitting project lines can be specified in the application.
The successful applicants will receive a work contract for 36 months, based on the salary scale E13 TV-L/TVöD (65%), at Jacobs University or the University of Bremen.
Applicants are required to please submit all required application materials in their online application
- Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal
- One-page Proposal Abstract
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research
- MA/BA/Diploma/Magister Certificates
- University Grade Transcripts
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation.
- Students must have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, or political science.
- Applicants must have to submit the certification of English Proficiency ( TOEFL, IELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)) (scan – PDF).
A doctoral research degree in particularly psychology, sociology, and political science.