2023-24 Helmut Veith Grants for Females in Computer Science in Austria – Fully Funded: Hurray! The Application for Helmut Veith Grants for Females in Computer Science in Austria is now available. This application grant is open to all ambitious young females who want to commence a master’s degree coursework in Austria.
This award honors the memory of a distinguished computer scientist who worked in computer-aided verification, logic in computer science, computer security, and software engineering. Helmut Veith, who unfortunately died in March 2016, was an outspoken supporter and mentor of women in computer science.
Table of Contents
2023-24 Helmut Veith Grants for Females in Computer Science in Austria – Fully Funded
Applicants receiving financing must make good academic progress and must live in Austria for the duration of their studies. The Helmut Veith Stipend was established with the kind support of TU Wien, the Wolfgang Pauli Institute, and contributions from Helmut Veith’s family and friends.
- Master in Logic and Computation
- Master in Business Informatics
- Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Master in Data Science
- Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing
Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Waiver of all tuition fees at TU Wien.
- EUR 6000 annually for a duration of up to two years.
To qualify for Helmut Veith Stipend, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree
- The funding will only be awarded to applicants who have been unconditionally admitted to the master’s program.
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien that are taught in English.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one of) Helmut Veith’s areas of research:
- Formal Methods and Verification.
- Logic in Computer Science.
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence.
- Computer Security.
- Complexity Theory.
Method of Application
Please follow below instructions to avail Helmut Veith Stipend for Female in Computer Science:
The following documents are required:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested to work with during their master’s thesis and why.
- Diplomas and/or certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts)
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- Copy of passport
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. Your application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol@retsam with the subject “Application” as a single PDF document. The name of the PDF file needs to be “document.pdf”